Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bon Voyage!!

Bonjour!! The past few days I have been staying in France with my "French family". My dad served his mission here and has kept in contact with some very neat people so i like to consider them my family because we have always known, written, and visited eachother!!

Right now I am enjoying a beautiful sunset on their back porch with birds chirping around me!! It seriously cant get better than this! it is sooo beautiful here and i have really enjoyed my full 3 days. it has been very busy and im very exhausted due to running all day and a little bit of jet lag! but i can sleep when im dead right? i cant miss a beat while im here. I feel so lucky that i was able to swing a quick visit in on my layover to AFRICA!

Tomorrow i leave early in the morning to fly to London to meet with the rest of my group and from there we will have a 12 hour layover (run as fast as we can again) and then take an overnight flight to UGANDA.

This has been quite the eye opening experience already! ive never been out of the country before so all of this is very knew and ive quite enjoyed it even if i am really tired. Paris is beautiful, crazy, and just amazing! i always thought that eating baguettes in the streets and seeing baskets of flowers hanging out windows of buildings was just in movies... but its really real!!

It has been quite the adventure! Tonight we ate the inside of a cows bone i believe... very... interesting! I have been learning tid bits of French and will have to come back because 3 days isnt long enough at all!!!

next time i write i will be in AFRICA!!!

please bless i make it there in one peice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment