Monday, May 30, 2011

update!

Well, so much has happened and I only have a few minutes to update my blog!

The other day we went and visited the Islamic University of Uganda.  We had to dress to our wrists and ankles and wear a scarf around our heads so that we don't show any neck.  It was quite an interesting experience!  The people we met with were so neat and at the end we had a closing prayer.  It was so funny because Devin (one of the volunteers) was bowing his head and closing his eyes for like 15 minutes because he thought they were praying when really they weren't. It cracked me up, i had to sit there with my shawl on and hold in my laugh.

We also went to a festival at Impact Ministries, which is like an elementary school.  There were about 300 kids.  They served us up a meal and sang and danced for us.  Afterwards we helped served food for them since there were so many.  But there wasn't enough.  About 30 kids went without food.  That was one of the hardest things to watch.  They look at you with longing eyes and watery mouths.  I still tear up thinking about it. If they don't get food they go without and they're used to it. It kills me.

We went and hiked Sipi falls the other day and it was beautiful! i'm having a hard time digesting some of the food here, but other than that AFrica is amazing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment